* THE CAPTIVATING STORY OF A TRUE REGGAE ICON, IN HIS OWN WORDS
* Comes complete with a 22 track music CD.
* Omnipresent on the Jamaican music scene for over four decades, Bunny 'Striker' Lee is one of the most important figures in the industry. He started producing records in 1967 and his unmatched run of hits made him the Producer of the Year from 1969 to 1972. He was one of the first Jamaican producers to break into the National Charts with Max Romeo's risqué 'Wet Dream' in 1969. He also won the first Jamaican Gold Record for 'Cherry Oh Baby' in 1971 and holds the
record for the longest consecutive spot at Number One in the Jamaican charts with 'Stick By Me'.
* Now a legendary, larger-than-life icon, Striker has been involved with every major player on the global reggae scene ever since he struck his deal with Island Records in 1968. REGGAE GOING INTERNATIONAL is his own, unembellished story, told to and inscribed by Noel Hawks and Jah Floyd over the course of five years.
* This compelling account is annotated with extensive footnotes and contextual analysis. The book comes accompanied with a 22 track CD showcasing Striker's greatest hits, giving readers a thorough overview of his incredible record. Also featured is a stunning array of never- before-seen photographs from Striker's personal collection - the cover image shows him boarding a plane in Kingston, 1968, bound for London for the first time… "and the rest is history".
"Incredible tales from a true reggae maverick" David Katz - Mojo
"The history of reggae - from the ultimate insider" Ian McCann -Record Collector
'It's as if we've been transported back in time" John Masouri - Riddim
"So I don't see the colour barrier in reggae music or any other music. It knows no colour. It comes like water. What colour would you call water now? Pure!" - Bunny 'Striker' Lee
CD TRACK LIST : All Bunny 'Striker' Lee's Productions..
1. Music Field - Roy Shirley
2. My Conversation - Slim Smith & The Uniques
3. The Russians Are Coming - Val Barnett
4. Wet Dream - Max Romeo
5. Bangarang - Lester Sterling & Stranger Cole
6. How Long - Pat Kelly
7. One Thousand Tons Of Megaton - Roland Alphonso
8. Mr. Chatterbox - Bob Marley
9. Stick by Me - John Holt
10. Cherry Oh Baby - Eric Donaldson
11. Better Must Come - Delroy Wilson
12. Play It Cool - Alton Ellis
13. God Helps The Man - Leroy Smart
14. You Are My Angel - Horace Andy
15. None Shall Escape The Judgement - Johnny Clarke
16. A Dance In A Greenwich Farm - Cornell Campbell
17. A Noise Place - The Aggrovators
18. A Ruffer Version - The Aggrovators
19. Wake The Nations - U Roy & Jeff Barnes
20. Cassius Clay - Dennis AlCapone
21. Straight To Derrick Morgan's Head - I Roy
22. Strickly Rockers - Jah Stitch
Label: Jamaican Recordings